Tuesday, December 16, 2008
NEED SUGGESTIONS ON KID STUFF!!
Hello, I am once again asking for advice. What do mom's do with your little guys when it is raining or snowing and you are stuck in the house with a 2 year old, that is full of energy!! I need ideas for things. Stuff I could do with him in the house or by himself in the house. This will be so helpful for me with Christmas gifts as well. Thank you for your help, my new blogging friends..I would so appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Uhhh no kids here...place him on Whit's new treadmill and let him crawl/walk the energy? LOL, I am kidding!
Wow, you seemed to have so much advice for lisa's friend. Like making crafts, beading, the coloring thing. I am sure all those things that you suggested can apply to your son too.
My baby loves running water. Turning on the faucet to a small trickle and handing her some plastic dishes and a scrubber keeps her happy for a while. I just have to mop up the floor.
Your son might be to big for that. I am sure he would crank up the water!
Home made play dough or peanut butter play dough is always fun. The peanut butter one is also edible.
Yes I like the one in the kitchen and the play dough/BP.. I am great with arts and crafts, like the advice I offered Lisa, but that was stuff i did at 8 and up.. BOY and 2 very hard to figure out what to do for him. He will stay focused like 5 to 10 min. This little little kidstuff is so new to me..
I've both taught and nannied two year olds, and this is the age I probably know best.
The longest I've ever been able to hold the attention of a two year old is fifteen minutes. This was with play dough.
So don't feel like your child has ADD or something because he won't sit still. Its totally, totally normal.
Blocks, legos, trains, cars, just toys in general...
My kids (as in my preschool class) really liked the shaving cream on the desk. You can squirt some shaving cream on a table and let him play in it. I never had any parents complain about stained clothing and it cleans up pretty well with warm water.
Also gluing -for some reason- is lots of fun. Or if you draw a letter out in glue have him cover it with rice or something. Its a good fine motor thing and he's learning letters too.
AND BOOKS. OH MY GOODNESS!! If he's a younger two he might not be interested quite yet (although its still really good for him to hear stories even if he's doing something else) but if he's an older two
he might sit still for a book or two.
I've successfully kept a group of three year olds quiet and sitting for thirty minutes by just reading good picture books to them. Its beautiful.
YOu could also buy some yarn and either Froot Loops or cheap beads and let him string neckalces. He could eat the Froot Loop ones and the bead ones you cound not tie and he could string and re-string the beads.
Also pudding painting is lots of fun too.
Go to Deere.com - that's John Deere, babe. They've got VIDEOS!!!!! Now I can't read blogs - all my little guy wants to do is look at tractors on my laptop.
Other than that, get him dump trucks and bucket loaders - with little things he can dump back and forth (blocks, legos, Brio train track parts - anything small). Keeps my guy busy for HOURS - I kid you not. If it doesn't work, look for a dump truck video to inspire him. Then the genes will take over . . .
Post a Comment