Today was suppose to be the first day that Vegas has had snow since the 1970's ish! I get my camera ready last night, I pull out some boots, so I can go tromp in it, and I am so excited that I can hardily sleep. You would think it was Christmas morning! I jump out of bed, and it's DAMN COLD!! I am not without a bend in back, and I am trying to straighten up as I move across the room to get to my robe, boot's and camera, Then I kind of run out into the family room, crap, it is taking a long time for my back to straight up, this must be a good thing, because it is so DAMN COLD out and we have SNOW (Squealing with excitement in my head).. I rip open the blinds, and find NOTHING, NADA, NOT A DAMN THING!! What, this can not be.. Did my husband turn the heater on too high and melted all the snow off and around the house? No, I do not think that can happen, and I am freezing in my in my house. I rub my eye's like maybe I am just not seeing it!! but that is not the case.. WHY no snow, why?? Why would they plaster the news with it all day yesterday, why would my husband keep saying it because he was as excited as I was! Even everyone that had been in the grocery store talked about it yesterday. Well I guess it was mostly me asking people when was the last time they had seen snow? In like a child like voice. I should have listened to the crotchety old lady with the cigarette breath whom said, Vegas will get snow, WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER! Or my husband Stanley and I have SEX AGAIN!! I kind of chuckle at her, in sort of a TMI way. And I am thinking in my head, Watch out Stanley you may be getting some tomorrow night!! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK,That visual sent chills up my spin. But that crotchety old lady was right. NO SNOW, just rain.. God I am disappointed! What would have been better, then having snow my first Christmas in Vegas. I hope, I hope it will happen. I am a \California girl whom lived at the beach half my life and then in LA the other half, so SNOW is always a huge deal for me, even though I would ski, or some times go to a cabin, I think it is something I will never get over. The excitement of it snowing..
Reference section: TMI, means too much information.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment