Did hell freeze over and I don't know it? My husband and I actually agreed on a lot of things about the home the other night!! Wow, THAT WAS EASY, and I do not even have one of those stupid push things from Staples. The one thing I was most excited about, was that he wants as many plants as I do in the house. Yes I will be the water, waxer, trimmer, but I am fine with that, as long as I get what I want. Plants are a great way to make the home look good, fill corners, and just an overall cheap way to decorate your home. Now I just need to find a inside plant store in the dessert. Ok, this is kind of mean, but i am chuckling too myself about this. I guess in my new neighborhood they have a Christmas light home contest. Now those of you whom know my mother, who has won these things many of times, and would get a $600 electric bill in December and Jan. Because god for bid if her lights did not go up the day after THANKSGIVING. She had my poor brothers climb on the roof, hang from the sides of the ledge, just to get every corner of the home, that she would have them outline every inch of. Needless to say my brothers are two of the best home light designers I know. They should do it as a business. She had them do the grass, all the potted plants in the entrance way, and all so tasteful! Then my mom would have a huge Christmas tree in the window,a nobel of course, that would put Nordstroms to shame! So I am kind of use to seeing some really insane stuff. Well my very sweet neighbor was working up a sweat last weekend and today getting his lights up, and telling me how he wants to win the $150 check and his picture in the local paper! This is his little handy work, and he so very proud! I wish him luck, and I really hope he places.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
We are on the same page, and Christmas lights.
Did hell freeze over and I don't know it? My husband and I actually agreed on a lot of things about the home the other night!! Wow, THAT WAS EASY, and I do not even have one of those stupid push things from Staples. The one thing I was most excited about, was that he wants as many plants as I do in the house. Yes I will be the water, waxer, trimmer, but I am fine with that, as long as I get what I want. Plants are a great way to make the home look good, fill corners, and just an overall cheap way to decorate your home. Now I just need to find a inside plant store in the dessert. Ok, this is kind of mean, but i am chuckling too myself about this. I guess in my new neighborhood they have a Christmas light home contest. Now those of you whom know my mother, who has won these things many of times, and would get a $600 electric bill in December and Jan. Because god for bid if her lights did not go up the day after THANKSGIVING. She had my poor brothers climb on the roof, hang from the sides of the ledge, just to get every corner of the home, that she would have them outline every inch of. Needless to say my brothers are two of the best home light designers I know. They should do it as a business. She had them do the grass, all the potted plants in the entrance way, and all so tasteful! Then my mom would have a huge Christmas tree in the window,a nobel of course, that would put Nordstroms to shame! So I am kind of use to seeing some really insane stuff. Well my very sweet neighbor was working up a sweat last weekend and today getting his lights up, and telling me how he wants to win the $150 check and his picture in the local paper! This is his little handy work, and he so very proud! I wish him luck, and I really hope he places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's pretty funny, knowing what Andrew has done in the past!! You are right, he could make some good money doing it, but around here, no one will pay for it. He'd have to go to OC, but no big deal. I'll definitely show him this entry. I didn't even see it until you said to look at it. Maybe YOU should put the neighbor to shame and show him how it's done! :)
Whats his compition? If everyone else decorates like that too then i guess he could win! But man that is nothing! Sounds like it is even more NOTHING in OC! Kind of wierd to see how different parts of the country do it!
i agree you should show him how it is done. But noone wants the electric bills!
Post a Comment