So we had my father and a friend that is young enough to be another one of our children over on Christmas. I had made a few recipes that I picked up on a few other blogs, and the cinnamon rolls I made (ARE THE BOMB). I have 1 1/2 pans out of 7 left. A funny little thing happened though, I had told my sweet neighbour's right next door that I was making the rolls on Christmas and I would be over with a few for them, and they beat me to it! At 8:am Christmas morning, I heard a knock on the door and went to go see who it was, well it was the little old man with a package of cookies for us, a foiled wrapped package with a little bow squished on top. You could tell that he slapped it together, because darn it, he wanted those home made cinnamon rolls, and at the moment I opened the door, I knew exactly what he wanted! He was hoping to exchange his cookie creation for my cinnamon rolls. The sad part was that my cinnamon rolls had only been half way through the process, and would not be done for another 2 hours, I had to tell him I would bring them over later, I sadly could see the disappointment in his face as he shuffled away into the extremely cold morning, with NO breakfast! I knew he was imagining those warm gooey cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning with a cup of coffee. Dang I felt bad!! I really did, I felt like I had mislead them when I said I would bring them over the rolls on Christmas, and I had every intentions on doing it, but I was doing Christmas brunch and wanted them warm at one in the afternoon. I am sure he has never heard of such a thing, considering he was at my door at 8am! Yes, I did take them over this morning, and I hope the enjoyed them as much as we did. About the casserole I made, well I guess I should have seen this one coming! I was the only female out 5 and I think casseroles work generally better for woman, kind of like the quiche thing. So god no's what I was thinking! Let's just say, I will be eating this thing all weekend and into next week. I will post picture tomorrow, and would love to to hear some of your Christmas story's! I have not even started with baby Godzilla's little escapades and some other funny things that happened this Christmas day! I will save that for later, since I am still entertaining until Monday. By the way, I have been going to the casino with my dad, and I have paid for my Christmas plus some. WOO HOO
Missed you all!!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wish you could send some rolls out here! Did you use Pioneer Woman's recipe????
Every time I come to Vegas they always take my money. I won $500 one time in a slot machine, trying to win a motorcycle. So I kept playing because I wanted that mc soooo bad. I played until the $500 was gone and quit.
Win big!!! K????
You paid for Christmas with the winnings? Holy Crap you must have the luck!! Mmmm cinnamon rolls from scratch!!Is the old man alone? He sounds so sad!
I have been playing cards since I was 8.. Ya kind of crazy, but my dad is a gambler, so I have learned how to play black jack pretty good. Trust me though, when your luck turns south, you just walk away! I have been very lucky this past week. No the old man has an old wife.
Congratulations on the winnings!
I would love your cinnamon roll recipe... Do you share?
Happy New year! May you enjoy all the happiness life has to offer you in 2009.
Where have you been hiding????
Hey? Where are you??
I was in Vegas for the SNOW STORM and I just HAD to think about you (and the ornery old woman in the grocery store who thought hell would freeze before the day came when it snowed in Vegas.
Post a Comment